Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pre-Season Update

As soon as the official season schedule is added, I will create a new pre-season prediction based on simulations using it.
 
As I went through the prior results, I found a couple of issues that affected the results. I run multiple simulations with computer generated schedule, depth charts, lineups and coaching templates so I rely heavily on the software to be consistent on what it does.
 
1. The computer generated schedule included 5 duplicate games. A team played the same out-of-division opponent twice. It didn't even alternate home and away teams.
 
2. I found at least one instance where the software generated formation preferences in the Gameplan did not make sense for the personnel on the team.
 
#1 won't be a problem with the official schedule. #2 will require me to manually check every Computer Generated GamePlan unless Dave changes the program.
 
 
 

No comments: