Sunday, October 12, 2008

Philly upsets Muncie in 5 INT Game

The award for most terrible passing by both quarterbacks in a regular season game goes to Philadelphia vs Muncie, October 2008. Liberty QB Trent Green and Packer QB Peyton Manning combined for 5 interceptions, 5 sacks, 1 td, 1 fumble and an average rating of 58. Manning did pass for 310 yds in the losing effort but it was Green who, in spite of only having only 158 yds for the day, threw the TD pass.

It's difficult even reading through the play-by-play on this game because of all the turnovers (9). So, I made a chart. I only counted 8. Perhaps they count a failed 4th down attempt as a turnover? I know about 4th down attempts, I played San Pedro. Anyway, here's my chart...

T1 MUN Manning fumble (result=Gore fumble)
T2 PHI Gore fumble (result=MUN TD)
T3 PHI Green INT (result=Pittman fumble)
T4 MUN Pittman fumble (result=missed 60 yd FG)
T5 MUN Manning INT (result=PHI TD)
T6 MUN Manning INT (result=Tatupu fumbles while returning INT)
T7 MUN Manning INT (result=Green INT)
T8 PHI Green INT (result=MUN TD)

My brain hurts. I can't go on much longer. Dear Mr. Muncie Mercenary Coach - didn't I warn you about Philly? Didn't I? The computers and the geeks are not happy when I contradict them. Then they really get mad when I'm right. You hurt their almighty blessed accuracy percentage. They can hack Congressional computers and insure your clubs are one of the few entities not to be bailed out by taxpayers. But I digress...

The teams had some success on the ground. Liberty's Frank Gore came up a yard shy of 100, average 5.8 per carry but fumbled more times than he scored (1 fumble, 0 tds). Adrian Peterson tacked on 23 yds but embarrassed those of us from the Sooner Nation by averaging only 3.8 yds and not scoring. Philly, call me. We'll take him and try to rehabilitate him. Muncie Packers' Three Tenor Trio of Buckhalter, Dayne and Pittman averaged 4.4 yds per carry with Buckhalter punching in a 4 yd TD in the 2nd quarter.

Look at that Liberty, will ya? After going 0-4 to start the season, they have won 3 in a row. They'll actually be favored for a change next week against Mt. Pilot. And in their division, 3-4 is a contender. The Muncie Packers should get back on the victory wagon against North Carolina.

No comments: